Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Got My Mind Set on You

I haven't had a new cell phone in...well, ever, actually. The one I use now is a cast-off of MLW's, who long ago left the realm of ordinary mobiles for the greener pastures of smartphones.

I was tempted to snag an iPhone when they first came out, but I was a little hesitant to pick one up because of AT&T's rather plodding network and I really didn't want to have to sacrifice one of my limbs in order to procure one.

Now the arbiter of geek chic has announced that both of my reasons for hesitation have been eliminated. So, I've been socking away money in the form of Apple gift cards, the new device is going to be released around my next birthday, and I soooooo want this.

Unfortunately, I'll be out of state on the day the phone is released, and Apple is now strongly pushing for in-store activation. Any of my intelligent readers know if it's possible to get a new number in your home area code regardless of where you're making your purchase?

2 comments:

Rob L. said...

sucker.

Anonymous said...

I was going to let you smell it, too. Now, the only scent you will know is that of my scorn.